Resources here are intended to help proposers respond to NY Green Bank’s open investment solicitations and provide additional background and information on NY Green Bank’s approach and requirements.
In each RFP issued, NY Green Bank utilizes three primary evaluation criteria to determine whether a transaction qualifies for financing:
Primary Evaluation Criteria
- Credit, financial, and risk/return considerations for the proposed transaction – both overall as well as for NY Green Bank and other participants individually;
- Expected NYS clean energy outcomes, including GHG reduction benefits and contributions to environmental equity; and
- Participation by private sector financial entities, including through debt and/or equity financing or as the expected takeout of a NY Green Bank-sponsored warehouse credit facility at the agreed aggregation level.
NY Green Bank identifies areas of the clean energy market where financing gaps exist in collaboration with financiers, project developers, NYSERDA, and other market actors with the goal of developing financial products that unleash more private capital for New York’s clean energy and sustainable infrastructure solutions. This allows us to determine where and how NY Green Bank’s capital resources can be most impactful so we can flexibly design and offer products that effectively meet the market’s needs.
NY Green Bank can supplement and bridge utility and government incentives, including NYSERDA funding, and our financing may be leveraged at various places in the capital stack and stages of project lifecycles.
A few specific NY Green Bank products include:
- Warehousing and aggregation credit facilities
- Term loans and investments
- Credit enhancements
- Construction finance
- Construction finance + term loans and investments
In addition to the context above, the resources below are relevant to NY Green Bank’s specific, current open investment solicitations and provide additional background and information on NY Green Bank’s approach and requirements.
- RFP Checklist [PDF] - This checklist of Proposal Contents is intended to help proposers ensure all required RFP application sections and accompanying materials are completed prior to submission.
- Instructions to Submit Investment or Service Provider Proposals [PDF] - This step-by-step guide helps proposers successfully complete their Investment or Service Provider proposals.
- Illustrative Guidelines for Eligible Technologies [PDF] - This document lists the types of clean energy and energy efficiency technologies that NY Green Bank may consider for financing arrangements.
- RFP 18 Selected Indicative Terms [PDF] - This document defines selected indicative terms that may be relevant to market participants applying for financing under RFP 18. The terms in this document are not final and are subject to negotiation and underwriting.
- Illustrative Quarterly Impact Reporting Template [PDF] - This template shows borrowers the type of environmental impact reporting required for projects that receive NYGB funding. This template is subject to change based on technology and project type.
If you need additional help at any point while submitting your proposal, please email [email protected].