Analyst/Associate, Investment & Portfolio Management
NY Green Bank, New York City Headquarters
NY Green Bank (“NYGB”) seeks a highly organized, thorough and detail-oriented individual with demonstrated interest in managing the asset/portfolio management functions of investment/credit funds. This individual will play an important role in administering, servicing, monitoring, and managing NYGB investments and ensuring satisfaction of and compliance with transaction covenants. This position reports to the Managing Director, Investment & Portfolio Management. The individual will work across the organization, including NYGB’s Investment & Portfolio Management team and Operations & Finance team, NYSERDA Finance, and external service providers.
NYGB is a State-sponsored specialized financial entity that is structured and operates like a private sector investment fund/asset manager. Its mission is to focus on the financing markets and, together with private sector capital, invest in projects that accelerate the deployment of commercially demonstrable clean energy technologies in New York State. NYGB is an established asset manager with overall investments to date over $450.0 million. In late 2017, Governor Cuomo announced that NYGB would seek at least an additional $1.0 billion of third-party capital in 2018 to broaden the scope of investable projects and increase the amount of clean energy deployed for every public dollar invested. This capital-raising process is just beginning and represents a potential first-of-its-kind transaction for a State-sponsored entity. In conjunction with the third-party capital raise, NYGB intends to expand the availability of financing for clean energy projects – and therefore its investing activity - nationally.
- Assist in reviewing transaction documentation to create streamlined internal process documents for each transaction related to, among other things, fundings, monitoring of reporting, collateral and covenants
- Manage centralized funding communications with participants across NYGB, NYSERDA Finance and NYGB’s third party fund administrator
- Review documents at each funding to ensure accuracy and compliance with loan documentation and liaise with relevant internal and external parties regarding any issues or concerns
- Assist in ensuring timely authorization of fundings
- Provide backup redundancy of Vice President functions to ensure satisfaction of organizational legal covenants relating to timely completion of requested fundings
- Ensure complete and properly filed and metatagged documents for all NYGB investments
- Assist in Information Security & Data Governance compliance tracking and oversight
- Assist in Records compliance and in safeguarding collateral documents
- Monitor pending and completed transaction modifications and assist with updating internal transaction documents and prepare weekly reports to NYGB staff
- Assist Operations & Finance with the transition to more formal tracking and reporting systems
- Calculate transaction IRRs
In the future, the role may expand to support the Vice President’s role in reviewing and preparing transaction reports, assisting with transaction modifications and compiling transaction information for quarterly and annual investment reviews.
Core Competencies & Experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate and succinctly summarize complex concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Project management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to handle a large volume and variety of projects in parallel
- Able to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Takes ownership of tasks and projects and follows through on obligations and promises
- Flexible and adaptable to changing organizational needs for the position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Microsoft SharePoint experience helpful but not required
- Experience with legal agreements for financial transactions helpful but not required
- Experience with loan administration, compliance and/or portfolio management helpful but not required
Other work experience in a related function helpful but not required
- Bachelor’s degree
Graduate degree (and/or significant relevant experience) required for consideration at Associate level.
Please send a cover letter and resume (in PDF format with your name included in each file name) to [email protected]. Please include NYGB Analyst/Associate & Job Code 484 as the subject to your email by close of business on May 31, 2018.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected].